The Consultant, Regulatory Affairs, Financial Aid supports the department’s efforts to ensure that the organization’s institutions operate in compliance with federal and state regulations and internal policies. The consultant participates in senior and operational level strategy meetings to provide timely guidance to ensure that regulatory requirements are realized during the brain storming and planning phases for business changes (organizational, program, and policy). The consultant’s in depth knowledge of the institution’s program offerings, operations, and regulatory requirements ensures strategies and new processes are compliant.
- Works with senior and management level colleagues in all institutions and functional areas to ensure processes, procedures, internal and external reporting, materials and communications are developed in compliance with federal, state and internal standards and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Demonstrates advanced competency in performing complex regulatory work and demonstrates advanced knowledge of relevant rules, regulations, guidelines and industry practices.
- Leads multiple and complex projects concurrently.
- Represents Regulatory Affairs in institution meetings; provide regulatory guidance and recommendations for the organization’s programs and initiatives.
- Provides information and guidance to colleagues throughout the organization on regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Coordinates with other ERRA functional units to continuously improve the service that is provided to all functional areas and institutions.
- Assists Regulatory Affairs Managerment with escalated questions and projects as assigned; act as a delegate to the manager in their absence.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and approves the organization's written compliance policies and procedures to ensure requirements remain observant to all current federal and state, regulations and internal standards.
- Work with all functional areas as needed to develop new reporting capabilities and improve existing processes; serve as team leader in providing guidance to business on projects.
- Administrative ownership of programs such as federal and non-federal student aid, veteran’s benefits, state grant programs.
- Work with other departments, including Audit Services and Legal, to resolve issues noted in regulatory examinations. Draft responses to regulatory examinations and perform follow-up to ensure deficiencies are corrected.
- Trains colleagues and external partners on compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Frequently prepares and delivers presentations to senior management.
- Completes other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 6 years of experience in a federal/state regulated environment; experience in higher education state grant programs and veterans benefits*
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Is a detail-oriented problem-solver
- Can demonstrate a consistently great work ethic in a high productivity environment
- Can travel 10%
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and internet applications.
- Writing samples required
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
The Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS®) is the largest international membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime prevention professionals who combat things like cybercrime, human trafficking, and terrorist financing. We help our members reach their full potential by providing extensive resources designed to develop and sharpen the skills required for superior job performance and career advancement. Its CAMS certification is the most widely recognized AML certification among compliance professionals worldwide. ACAMS works with a wide range of industries, from international and local governments to banks, credit unions and even casinos.