The ideal part-time Legal Writer will be a capable writer with a strong legal background, preferably with some law school or a JD degree. Writers must be able to read statutes, understand legal issues in money laundering and summarize them into plain English for a general audience.
• Work closely with editor-in-chief, legal editor and other legal writers to brainstorm topics and write briefs and other materials in an authoritative, neutral tone that avoids legalese.
• Research and fact-check money laundering and counterterrorist financing rules, financial regulations and related topics.
• Provide accurate and timely legal information to our readers
• Write and edit with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines write.
Completes other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have writing experience and be able to provide samples. Additionally, candidates must have:
• At least a Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited university in Law, Journalism, English, History, Communications or a related field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
• Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written) as well as great attention to detail.
• PC skills. Knowledge of Excel and understanding of online publishing a plus.
• Will have fluency in another language besides English.
• Will have worked as a lawyer or attended law school with a couple of years or more of legal training, preferably a JD degree from an accredited law school.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
The Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS®) is the largest international membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime prevention professionals who combat things like cybercrime, human trafficking, and terrorist financing. We help our members reach their full potential by providing extensive resources designed to develop and sharpen the skills required for superior job performance and career advancement. Its CAMS certification is the most widely recognized AML certification among compliance professionals worldwide. ACAMS works with a wide range of industries, from international and local governments to banks, credit unions and even casinos.